Friday, February 20, 2009

21st PBSP Visayas Annual Membership Meeting: The Sounds & Images Part 2

More than 200 guests attended the 21st VAMM, majority of which came from the business sector – the heart of PBSP. Other guests represented the government, consulates, donor agencies, non-government organizations, community-based organizations, academe and media.

Mr. Wilsong Ng of Ng Khai Development Corporation – a PBSP member company – led his band, The Asian Troubadours, in delivering the Doxology and the Philippine National Anthem. The Asian Troubadours earlier treated the guests to renditions of modern classics.

The 21st VAMM exhibit at the lobby of Casino Español de Cebu was an elaborate retrospection of PBSP’s 21-year presence in the Visayas. Since PBSP first opened its Visayas Regional Office in Cebu City in 1988, more than 1,400 projects worth P498.9 million have been implemented in 13 provinces. Of the total projects, 75% focused on poverty reduction and enterprise development, while the other 25% were dedicated for education, health and water, and environmental conservation.

The efficient registration process was made possible by Ng Khai Development Corporation – a proud PBSP member company.